Friday, March 9, 2018

Social Media Ethics

    Some of my colleagues over here at the blog have been complaining how they do not understand what I have to say on these posts. It's not that they are unclear, but rather that they do not grasp the meaning of what is being said. So I take this as a valid criticism about how I express myself here specifically on this blog. In my real life people always know exactly what I am talking about, but I could understand why that there are some who cannot grasp onto what I am writing. They see the words on the post but they have no meaning to them.

    So I will be providing a remedy to help solve their problem of a failure to appreciate the way that this blog is constructed. Feel free to reject the entire premise, but try to hear me out also. You are supposed to get lost.  You are to drown in my labyrinth of linkages to find your way around them. By losing your way in my train of thought, you are not be focusing on what I as a person am saying to you, but rather through the words, concepts, and personages that are being expressed here, you should be able to see the way that all of those things interrelate with one another.

    There have been those who have criticized me for my method but not for my results. The method is that of trying to show you the way that different sources relate to one another, while the result is understanding how John Donne is a lot more expressive than John Milton, for example. You cannot understand that from me by just reading that it is the case. You must see why this is important, so that you will take the time to see it for yourself. This idea of importance can be described as an influence that you recognize by seeing their work being applied in the use of understanding the written word as a whole.

     This labyrinth of linkages does not focus your thinking about literature, it rather causes you to see that you have no footing, unless you have some idea of how the canon is constructed from the efforts of those who have seen how to build such a complex system that maps out the way in which authors have related to one another. To conclude, you must have some experience with my work to see where I am going. And there is no starting point. You either have the experience of taking the time to look at what this is all about or you are just wasting your time.

No comments: